I've seen this asked many times before, and an employee will usually respond, but the solution they provide does not ever work for the other user or I. No other employee reply is ever given after that. It seems like this issue has been around for a very long time, yet no employee has ever taken the initiative to fix it (or at least make a solution known).
Here is what I have seen suggested by employees:
- Change date and time settings (Suggested by employee Chris D). The employee who provided this thought that the error was occurring during installation. This was not the case for the other user or I. It does not work either. No other solution was provided in the thread even though the original asker was clear that it did not work. The thread was at some point marked as solved.
- Reinstall (Suggested by employee Chris D). The original asker tried this and so did I. It did not work for either of us. Again, it was clearly stated that this does not work, yet no other response was ever issued. The thread was at some point marked as solved.
Ignite was running perfectly on my machine before, but randomly this started happening. I run windows 10. I have gotten it to work half of the time by completely restarting and making ignite the first thing I open. If I open anything before ignite, it will crash. Again, this only works about 50% of the time. If I am lucky enough to get it to open, it will only work if i start a new project. If I decide to open an existing project, it will crash. Also, If ignite opens and I plug in or turn on my MIDI keyboard, it will crash. The keyboard must be plugged in and on before starting ignite to get it to not crash.
I look forward to a swift reply with a full solution or notification of an incoming hotfix. If any further information is need I will be happy to provide.
I don't work for AIR, but I'll put in my 2 cents:
First, do you use another DAW? I use Studio One, and it has an option called something like "Exclusive Mode" that lets Studio One use the sound card....well, exclusively- Meaning that no other programs are allowed to use the sound card. Sometimes I had similar behavior when I leave exclusive mode on.
Also, maybe you should post the specs of your system (Computer model, CPU speed, # of cores, which chips your computer has...etc.) This may give somebody who reads about your problems some clues.
see the change log
Thanks for posting. Per David's suggestions above, can you please provide me with your full system specs? It's crucial for us to know this information, as well as the version of Ignite you're using, when it comes to software crashes. You may also find it helpful to perform a Ccleaner registry scan. You can download Ccleaner at this link.
1. Uninstall any programs associated with the device
2. Open CCLeaner
3. Click Registry
4. Click Scan for Issues
6. Fix Select Issues
7. Click Yes to create a ‘backup’
8. Click Save
9. Click Fix All Selected Issues
10. Run Steps 3-9 two or three more times until there are no issues found.
11. This should have cleared out unnecessary files that may have been causing any conflicts.
12. Reboot your computer
13. Reinstall the software associated with your device
Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.
Thank you for your reply. Here are my system specs:
Athlon X4 760K running at stock speed
GTX 950 at stock speed
16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport
I do not run a sound card, and I do not have any other DAW installed.
I personally believe all registry "cleaning" programs are nostrums, so I did not run Ccleaner. I have GeForce driver 372.54 installed.
Ignite version is... I can't open the program to see it, but after looking in a "help" file I see 1.2
Version of Windows is 10, build 14393.105
Processor speed is 3.8 GHz
Sorry, I will not run any registry cleaner. If you can prove somehow that it will actually fix an issue, sure, but It's my personal and many other's experience that it doesn't do anything, other than possibly deleting a necessary system file at the worst.
My storage is defraged if that's of any help to you.